Saturday 5 March 2016

Costume and actor


My first costume is a grey 3 piece suit with a black bow-tie and a white shirt. I am also wearing wellies and waterproof trousers. Not only is the suit in a snowy environment, but it's been mixed with some very outmatching clothes. The trousers and wellies though, match the setting they  are in and t adds to the  costume and gives mystery to the character. It gets the audience thinking about what his motives are. I shall be acting in this as I can preset a mental state and I thought it would be easier to do it myself as I wouldn't have to rely on other people as they were not always available for enough time to do it all in one day. As it was outside for the most part and it snowed, I was only able to do the shooting in that one day.













This is my costume for the indoor scene. It use some of the other costume but arranged to look more scruffy. This makes it more believable as he had just been sleeping in the shirt and bow-tie. It links the two locations together and puts them in a definite chronological order. It also suggests he got home late the night before and didn't bother taking all clothes off. This presents a sense of disorganization in the character.


No comments:

Post a Comment